The Management of the Lagos State Universal Basic Education Board and Artswax Communications have shortlisted the following poems from the over 300 entries received from pupils of public primary schools in Lagos to be featured in Volume One of the Eko Poems: Anthology of Nursery Rhymes with endorsement from Prof. Niyi Osundare. This is an offshoot of the Lagos Primary Schools Poetry Festival. Teachers-in-charge from the selected schools are hereby advised to prepare the shortlisted Poets for the official unveiling by 10am on Thursday 5th of August at the LASUBEB Multi-purpose Hall, Maryland.
Congratulations to the selected Child-Poets.
1. Lagos, City of Excellence – Adewole Deborah, Community Primary School, Adeba, Ibeju-Lekki.
2. Land of Prosperity – Kolawole Aisat Ayomide, Community Primary School, Adeba, Ibeju-Lekki.
3. My Lagos Tomorrow – Otolorin Farida, Ire Akari Nursery and Primary School 1, Sari Iganmu.
4. My Lagos Today, My Lagos Tomorrow – Jolayemi Fatimoh, Ire Akari Nursery and Primary School 1, Sari Iganmu.
5. Hope for Tomorrow – Chukwuemeka Amaka Success, Biney Memorial Primary School, Mushin.
6. Lagos, My City – Augusta Igbo, Orile Nursery and Primary School, Orile
7. Evergreen Haven – Ayodele Stella, Ikosi Nursery and Primary School, Ikosi-Ketu
8. Eko, Land of Vision – Bassey Miracle, Somolu Local Government Primary School, Somolu
9. Lagos, A Beautiful City by the Sea – Micheal Monday, Opebi Pry School, Ikeja
10. Lagos, Home of Adventure – Paul Joshua, Agodo Alara Community Primary School
11. My Wonderful Lagos – Oladipupo Temiro, Agodo Alara Community Primary School
12. My Lagos – Hamzat Muiz, St. John’s Anglican Primary School, Imota, Ikorodu
13. My land of Peace – Odulaja Ayodele, Temidire Primary School, Gbagada Phase 2, Somolu
14. The Beauty of My Lagos – Justina Elli, Tokunbo Alli Primary School, Ikeja.
15. Lagos, The City of Hustlers – Stella Utomobong, Tokunbo Alli Primary School, Ikeja
16. My Lagos – Adeyilola Zainab, Wright Memorial Primary School, Somolu.
17.My Lagos – Ayekomilogbon Busayo Inioluwa, Methodist Primary School, Ikorodu.
18.Home, Sweet Home – Jimoh Moridat, St. Mary Girls School, Ajele, Lagos Island
19. The Lagos I know – Okorie Success, St. Mary Girls School, Ajele, Lagos Island
20. Lagos, My Fortress – Udhewhe Stella, Ebenezer Nursery and Pry School, Awodi-Ora, Ajegunle.
21. My Lagos, the Land of Opportunities and Achievements – Dawodu Olayinka, Shylon Primary School, Ilupeju.
22. The Realities of My Lagos – Chituru Benjamin, Christ Assembly Nursery and Primary School, Araromi.
23. Oh, How I Love My Lagos – Kekong Onyinyechi, Central Primary School, Ikeja
24.Lagos, My Pride – Usman Ameerat, Central Primary School, Ikeja.
25. Salute to Lagos – Magdalene Hussani Bawa, Bridage Primary School, Cantonment, Ikeja.
26. My Lagos – Akhidenor Miracle, Bola Memorial Primary School, Ikeja.
27. Ilu Eko – Adbulrasheed Haddi, Ansarudeen Primary School, Imota.
28. My Lagos Today, The Colourful Lagos Tomorrow – Olatunji Tolulope, Ansarudeen Primary School, Imota.
29. A Place Not Full of Roses – Ajibike Atolagbe, Araromi Primary School, Olodi-Apapa
30. Place of my Dream – Quadri Khalid, Araromi Primary School, Olodi-Apapa
31. Eko, Model of Affluence – Dauda Tawab, Nine Brigade Primary School, Cantonment, Ikeja.
32. My Lagos – Odueyingbo Morire Ebunoluwa, Holy Trinity Primary School, Ikorodu.
33. Eko of my Present Future – Oseni Fisayo, Igbeyinadun Primary School.
34. Lagos, Centre of Excellence – Sunmoye Mary, Olaolu Primary School, Somolu.
35. Lagos, Land of Honey and Wealth – Nychiba Maureen, Olaolu Primary School, Somolu.
36. Eko Akete – Orekoya Kehinde Omotayo, Alubarika Primary School, Bariga.
37. Lagos, The Mirrror – Oreoluwa Ajimajasan, Togedejoye Community Primary School, Ikorodu.
38. The Best Lagos – Ajuzie Eden, Togedejoye Community Primary School, Ikorodu.
39. 21st Century City – Balogun Tomiwa, Nathan Nursery and Primary School, Surulere.
40. My Beloved State – Adamu Adama, Ogooluwa pry school, Gbagada Phase 2, Somolu.
41. My Great City – Ese Raphael, Community Pry School, Amikanle, Alimosho.
42. Lagos, My City – Emmanuel David, Community Pry School, Amikanle, Alimosho.
43. City of Opportunities and Achievements – Ehiabhi Favour, Bonny Camp Pry School, Victoria Island.
44. Eko Akete – Elijah Eno, Gbagada Pry School, Gbagada
45. Lagos of my Dream – Chikodinaka Okafor, Holy Rosary Nursery and Primary School
46. Lagos, The Power of my Dream – Haruna Abdulmajeed, Ijebutedo Primary School, Somolu.
47. Oh my Lagos! – Adepegba Oluwayemisi, Ijebutedo Primary School, Somolu.
48. My Lagos, A Place for All – Salaudeen Waliyatullah, Ijomu Muslim Primary School, Ikorodu
49. Lagos, A Better Place to Be – Kasumu Olamide, Ijomu Muslim Primary School, Ikorodu
50. My Lagos – Jacob Olamiposi, Ikeja Pry School, Ikeja.
51. My Lagos – Atsor Christiana, Ikeja Primary School, Ikeja.
52. Lagos State, My City – Kazeem Adamoh, Islamic Mission Model School, Mushin.
53. Oh! I Speak of Lagos State – Ali Hassan, Islamic Mission Model School, Mushin.
54. Lagos – Iyiola Kehinde, A.U.D Primary School, Itire.
55. Lagos – Igbinnosa Edoghogho, Anifowose Nursery and Primary School, Ikeja.
56. Lagos, The City of Wisdom – Ajagunna Olarenwaju, Anifowose Nursery and Primary School, Ikeja.
57. My Lagos, A Home for All – Fawaz Akinwunmi, Adeniyi Jones Primary School, Ikeja.
58. Lagos, the Heartbeat of the Nation – Ayomide Oshodi, Adeniyi Jones Primary School, Ikeja.
59. My Lagos – Kelani Aminat, Omolaye Community Nursery and Primary School, Agbede, Ikorodu.
60. Lagos Traffic-Salami Adesewa, Onilekere Primary School, Cement, Ikeja.
61. A City that Never Sleeps-Awobimpe Azanat, Local Government Primary School, Majidun, Ikorodu.
62. Land of Blessings and Bounties-Tella Modinat, Local Government Primary School, Majidun, Ikorodu.
63. Lagos, The Place I love to Live-Ademola Daniel Adeoye, Local Government Primary School, Akodo, Lekki.
For inquiries, visit LASUBEB or Artswax Communications Social Media Handles or call 08096162585, 08098274936, 08083837930